If you’re contemplating vinyl plank flooring for your residence, having a grasp of the associated costs becomes pivotal. Vinyl plank flooring has caught the attention of Australian homeowners due to its allure and endurance. The cost of vinyl planks can fluctuate based on factors like dimensions, quality, and the expenses tied to installation. Let’s dive into the multifaceted aspects connected to the cost of vinyl flooring, considering types, installation procedures, and tips for maintenance.
Pricing of Vinyl Plank Flooring for Gold Coast and Brisbane homeowners
Vinyl plank flooring is a sought-after choice, revered for its cost-effectiveness and robustness. The average cost in Australia spans from $37 to $70 per square metre, depending upon variables such as the chosen product type, quality, and the requisites for installation). By and large, superior-quality products bear a higher price but promise enhanced longevity with proper upkeep.
Factors Influencing Cost
Installation outlays play a significant role in the overall expenditure. Professional installation services usually fall in the range of $35 to $45 per square meter for basic installations, Larger areas might require fewer cuts, potentially mitigating installation time and overall costs.
Advantages of Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl plank flooring flaunts several advantages, rendering it an excellent choice for homeowners. Its affordability, straightforward maintenance, and resistance to water make it apt for spill-prone zones like bathrooms and kitchens. Boasting a diverse array of styles, you can pinpoint an option aligning with your home’s aesthetic without surpassing your financial limits. While installation can be within reach for confident DIYers, seeking professional installation is advisable for expansive areas or elaborate designs.
Categories of Vinyl Plank Flooring
When choosing vinyl flooring, it’s crucial to consider factors such as the specific requirements of the space, level of foot traffic, susceptibility to moisture, and the desired aesthetic appeal. Each type of vinyl flooring has its own set of advantages, and the choice depends on individual preferences and the intended application.
The key differences among APC (Aeriated Plastic Composite), SPC (Stone Plastic Composite), and WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) lie in the composition of the core layer in vinyl flooring.
The below explains their unique characteristics:
1. APC (Aeriated Plastic Composite):
- Core Composition: The core layer of APC vinyl flooring consists of a plastic composite material that is aeriated or foamed. This foaming process enhances the material’s resilience and reduces its weight.
- Characteristics: APC vinyl is known for its lightweight nature, making it easier to handle during installation. The aeriated composition contributes to increased comfort underfoot.
Key Points of Distinction
- APC: Lightweight and may not be as rigid as SPC.
- APC: Foamed plastic composite.
- APC: Known for its lightweight nature, making it suitable for areas where ease of handling is important.
2. SPC (Stone Plastic Composite):
- Core Composition: SPC vinyl flooring features a core layer made of a composite that includes both natural limestone powder and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). The inclusion of limestone makes the core more rigid and dense.
- Characteristics: SPC vinyl is recognised for its high level of durability and stability. The stone composition provides additional strength, making it suitable for high-traffic areas and areas prone to moisture.
Key Points of Distinction
- SPC: Stone and PVC composition.
- SPC: Known for high rigidity and stability due to the stone composite.
- SPC: Suitable for high-traffic areas, commercial spaces, and places with moisture concerns.
3. WPC (Wood Plastic Composite):
- Core Composition: WPC vinyl flooring incorporates a core layer made of a blend of wood fibre or wood flour, thermoplastics (like PVC), and other additives. The wood content gives it a more natural appearance.
- Characteristics: WPC vinyl strikes a balance between durability and comfort. It is often chosen for its ability to mimic the look of real wood while offering resistance to moisture. However, it may not be as rigid as SPC.
Key Points of Distinction:
- WPC: Balances rigidity and comfort but may not be as rigid as SPC.
- WPC: Wood fibre, PVC, and additives.
- WPC: Commonly used in residential areas, providing a balance between aesthetics and performance.
Installation Procedure for Vinyl Plank Flooring
Laying down vinyl plank flooring is a straightforward venture achievable in a few hours. Rigorous preparation and meticulous planning are the essence of an outstanding end result.
- Preparation and Planning: Gauge the room, procure ample planks, and assemble requisite tools. Ensure a surplus of at least 10% for contingencies like waste or cutting miscalculations.
- Preparing the Subfloor: Eradicate dirt and rubble, level the subfloor, and address any imperfections using a leveling compound if needed.
Vinyl plank flooring is a great option for homeowners—it’s flexible, budget-friendly, and comes in various types to suit different preferences. By grasping the costs and installation steps, homeowners gain the knowledge to make smart decisions when upgrading their flooring.